Y'all, I promised to share this recipe weeks ago and I did not deliver and I am so sorry for that! BUT, I made it last Monday for dinner with B's parents and, as always, it was a hit. Everyone who has tried this recipe loves it. It's super easy to make, budget friendly and kid friendly - a total win all the way around :)
1 box pasta (We use veggie pasta to add that boost of guilt-free goodness)
1 jar Pasta Sauce (If you like it saucy, have a second on hand)
1 jar Alfredo Sauce
1 lbs of Italian ground sausage (We typically use two since we make extra)
1 bag of Italian style cheese (We typically use more, but we love cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350 *
2. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions and drain. Set aside.
3. Brown the sausage in a large skillet and drain any excess grease.
4. Add the pasta sauce and the Alfredo sauce to the browned sausage.
5. Add in the drained pasta to the sausage mix.
6. Spoon a layer of the pasta mixture into a greased baking dish.
7. Add a layer of cheese.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7.
9. Bake at 350* for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is melty.
It's that easy. We usually serve ours with Texas Toast so you can sop up any sauce with the bread. YUM! Bonus: it reheats beautifully! Double Bonus: it freezes SO well! We tend to make enough to freeze for lunches in the future. The recipe is super easy to double or tweak to your families liking. We absolutely love Ms. Shawn's Baked Ziti and we are so happy that she shared this with us last year :)