My first Friday Five of the year is a combination of thoughts and things on my mind right now... you know like a thoughts on Thursday but on Friday so here goes!
1. Roll Tide! Alabama has had such a beautiful season this year, minus my heartbreak over Lane Kiffin leaving (especially before I feel like the season is really over). I am so excited for them to play in the College Football National Championship on Monday night; however, I am not loving that whole big game on a school night thing... especially when seeing 8pm has already been such a challenge these last few weeks. Mr. Jon got me a consolation Alabama cup for Christmas (because he is the best and) since I can't drink cold brewskis out of my lucky Alabama koozie so I am hoping it brings us good luck on Monday! After last year's game, I have a feeling this one is going to be really good! [If you have no idea what I am talking about... here you go]
Also on the topic of Alabama (and Mr. Jon), how beautiful is this wall sign that Mr. Jon got us for Christmas?! I am slightly obsessed :)
2. Last weekend I ordered Natalie Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. They arrived on Wednesday and while we haven't watched Beauty and the Beast yet, we have watched Aladdin approximately 78 times. It makes me so happy that my little girl is loving some of my favorite Disney movies from when I was a child. I cannot wait to snuggle up for family movie night tonight and watch Beauty and the Beast. B says he has never seen it which makes it even more fun to watch as a family. I hope they are both prepared for me to sing them alllll the songs :)
3. I am addicted to my planner. Because of that, I wanted a little pregnancy flair for the old gal. I was so excited when I stumbled upon these planner stickers from Works of Heart Design Co. I mean, come on. Plus this means I won't get weekly pregnancy emails cluttering my inbox. Those were fun the first time around but these make way more sense!
4. While on the topic of pregnancy... I am having the strangest kind of guilt and I think that's impacting my ability to really wrap my head around the fact that I am pregnant. When I got pregnant with Natalie, I felt it right away. We had been through so much and tried for over a year. We had failed and canceled cycles. When our IVF cycle worked, it felt like I had, for lack of a better way to put it, earned my pregnancy, like I deserved it. This time around, it was so much easier. It was just a couple appointments and a transfer. So when it took, I felt like it had been too easy. I felt guilty that it was so easy. I have friends who have been trying for months without success and there I was, one cycle and boom - pregnant. I have been reminded that 75 intramuscular shots over the course of 10 weeks is not easy, but compared to the heartbreak of failed cycles, yes it is. I have no idea how to process this guilt but if you know a way, please help a girl out!
5. Have y'all heard of Pearl and Monroe? It's an online boutique through Instagram and Facebook and I am in love. I recently purchased the fringe sweater poncho pictured below and it might be one of my favorite things I own right now. It's non-maternity but super pregnancy friendly which is what I have been looking for since I really don't want to spend a bunch of money to dress the bump this winter.
I seriously recommend checking them out! Jess is going to start carrying clothes in Nat's size soon and I am so excited to see what she has coming in.
Happy Weekending, y'all :)