1. Last week I snagged Natalie and I matching Alabama shirts for the Iron Bowl this year and I am so dang excited about them :) #RollTide
2. Have y'all seen this article from Scary Mommy written by Rita Templeton of Fighting off Frumpy? The one entitled, "My Spouse is not my Best Friend". I have glossed over the fact that this has been an incredibly tough year for my marriage but this post really resonated with me, especially this part:
I love my best friends. They are dear and important and a vital component of my well-being. We've had some fun, hilarious, amazing times together. But as much as I adore them, I've never made critical decisions based on their circumstances. I've never cried with them as I watched our shared life crumbling beyond our control or fought like hell beside them to patch it up despite our differences. My friends can offer advice on major issues, but they're not as emotionally invested because - at the end of the day - it's not their life, not our life. And when I look at them, no matter how eternally thankful I am for their presence, my heart doesn't squeeze until it feels like it could explode.
This. So friggin much this.
3. Birthday party planning and purchasing has commenced! I was looking for a banner for Nat's 3rd birthday party and I stumbled upon Paper Supply Station and quickly fell in love with this shop! Amanda is the absolute sweetest and she really helped me to bring my vision for Nat's decorations to life and I cannot wait for her party in November!
I cannot recommend this shop enough to anyone planning a party and looking for banners, cupcake toppers, paper straws or confetti!
4. We got our family pictures back from Monique and I am so happy with them! I will share more of them next week once I snag a few that she took of Natalie at the beach itself but I couldn't help but want to share one! Although, if you follow me on Instagram, then you've gotten quite a few sneak peaks!
5. I have a new addiction: Reese's snack mix. The pharmacy in my building sells it and I am fairly certain it is magical and has the power to fix bad days. I probably buy it twice a week [Insert monkey covering eyes emoji here.] Pretzels - yes. Mini Reese's - yes. Reese's Pieces - yes. I'm totally chalking it up as healthy since it has 5g of protein per serving :)
Welp, there it is! My five random thoughts for the afternoon. We have a fun weekend planned with a big Dirty 30 birthday bash for B and me :) Happy weekending y'all!