Those who know Brandon can imagine how thrilled he was with this idea... probably as thrilled as the fact that I opted to use this five-year-old picture from our engagement photo shoot :) but I promise, it's just for this month! I stumbled upon it and couldn't resist!
1. What sports did you participate in as a child? What sports did you watch growing up?
As a child, I played organized baseball and basketball. I even played soccer for two or three years. However, my friends and I were always organizing a game somewhere. I also had a go-cart growing up and my father and I would enter various car-show contests.
Baseball and football were the two sports I mostly remember watching. Also, prior to Dale Sr.'s death, we watched a lot of NASCAR. My dad believes the new guys are too soft.
2. If you could line up your ideal Super Bowl, who would be facing off, where would they play and who would win?
Cowboys beating whoever, in my backyard as I sit and watch from my deck. I find going to major sporting events to be a hassle and can take the fun out of the experience/game. Traffic, high prices and long lines deter me from wanting to go.
3. Do you prefer the Summer or Winter Olympics? If you could participate in one Olympic sport, what would it be?
I do not have a preference. There are events I like in both. Eight years ago I would have participated in basketball. Now that I am not in basketball shape, I guess... you know, I have wondered how far I could throw a javelin.
4. What is your favorite food to eat at a sports party? (ex World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, etc.)
Wings and my mom's corn dip, no matter the event.
5. Who is your all time favorite athlete and why?
This is a really tough one. But I have a small collection of Mickey Mantle books. My Pop used to tell me all these larger than life stories about "the Mick". From 500 foot homeruns to drunk stories, the stories sometimes seem unreal or "no way that could have happened". No way would Mantle survive in today's era with social media.
There you have it, from the mouth of a babe :)