My post Monday was all about how we celebrated our little girl turning one this past weekend. It was a perfect day filled with family and friends. I am so thankful for everyone who came over to make Natalie's first birthday celebration absolutely perfect. As I have said before, I have been planning her birthday celebration since she was born. I wanted every detail to be perfect and I think it all turned out that way :) I wanted to take time to highlight the things that I think made her birthday party exactly what I wanted it to be!
1. the invitations. Once we had the theme picked out, I thought the invitations would be super easy to pick out. I was wrong. There were so many awesome invitations to be found on Etsy that it was hard to pick just one. Since we documented each week of my pregnancy with a chalkboard post, I decided I wanted to incorporate that into her birthday. The Etsy shop Pink Starfish Designs had a cute, simple, pink invitation that won our final vote. We used Vistaprint to print the invitations and it all worked out quite well :)
2. picture display. I had seen a ton of these on Pinterest and I was super excited to make one for Natalie. I found a great app - PostalPix - which made printing out my instagram pictures super easy and the pricing for the prints was completely reasonable. I was also able to print her monthly pictures for a banner as well. The hardest part was picking out which pictures to use!
3. her outfit. I had seen tons of first birthday pictures on Instagram and all of these adorable babies were rocking a onesie that said "one" in gold writing. I am pretty sure that is what really inspired the pink and gold birthday (well that, along with the idea being shot down for her bedroom!). While tons of shops sell onesies that say "one" in gold writing, I felt as though Our Adorable Baby had the best prices. I made her tutu myself with a little bit of ribbon and a lot of tulle. It was super easy to make and I am hoping to put up a tutorial in the coming weeks. The final accessory was, of course, the most perfect headband from Emerson Grace Boutique. It really tied everything together!
4. her birthday chalkboard. I worked with Modern Star Prints to come up with the perfect birthday chalkboard for the little miss. It was so much fun to sit down with Brandon and gather ideas about the things we should include on the board. Some of her favorites came more easily than others. Natalie is a little foodie, so it was hard to narrow down a few of her favorite things. I was able to send the chalkboard .pdf to Office Depot and they printed it out and mounted it on foam board for me. It is one of my favorite details of the day.
5. the balloon and streamers wall. This was another pinterest inspired project. And while time consuming, it really made a great backdrop for pictures. The shades of pink in the streamers over the white blinds transformed our kitchen sliding door into a beautiful bright place for pictures. I love how the pink and gold balloons tied it all together and hid how the streamers were taped to the valance.
6. the details. Brandon and I were at Walmart one day a few months back with his brother Evan. They went off to look at toys, so Natalie and I went to look at party supplies. I just wanted to see what was out there. I immediately fell in love with their pink and white quatrefoil pattern. I knew it would be perfect for her birthday and the fact that it was super inexpensive was the icing on the cake. I purchased several table clothes (one in particular to put on the ground under her high chair for her cake smash - keeping things in theme and easy clean up since our little puppy vacuums were at the kennel) and some paper straws. I personally think little details like that go a long way.
I had so much fun planning one - can't wait to start thinking about birthday number two :) To see the pinboard that inspired it all - check out my pinterest page!