Friday, May 16, 2014
Six Month Favorites!
1. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier. This really should have gone on my four or five month favorites list, but I clearly wasn't thinking. However, I refuse to let this thing go unacknowledged! It was a life saver when the little miss had her first cold. We bought one and had it in our living room and would move it to her bedroom at night. After a week, we loved it so much - we bought a second one to have in the living room and moved the other one to her bedroom full time. Not only did it save us having to move it from one room to the other, but it also allowed us to pre-treat the room before putting Natalie to bed. I love having the option of using the vicks medicated pads with the humidifier. I definitely think it helped her to sleep better and it cut down on how terribly dry our house felt.
2. MAM anti-colic bottles. I had no idea that I would become such a bottle connoisseur in such a short amount of time. I was told that this bottle is better than that bottle and that bottle was great for colic but this bottle was closer to nature. The reality is that it comes down to trial and error. I bought these bottles because they were on sale and had them sent to my parents house. While Natalie and I were in Florida, I fell in the love with them. They are awesome. We don't have any problems with colic, but if we did - they are apparently great for it according to the reviews and the box. Honestly, I can't quite pin-point what it is I like about them, but I do. I really like them.
3. Sassy Fascination Station Highchair Toys. Natalie recently discovered that if she throws her toys off of her high chair tray, someone is going to pick them up and give them back to her. While adorable the way she gives a shitty smirk before tossing the toy - the game gets old rather quickly especially when you're already so hungry yourself. My mother in law suggested we look into suction cup toys. Brilliant. Lori found a couple at Toys'r'Us and they have changed our lives. Natalie plays and smiles and squeals and no one has to pick up her toys while trying to eat dinner. Win-win situation!
4. Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun - Life in the Amazon. Lori bought this for Natalie on our same trip to Toys'r'Us where we got the high chair toys. We wanted Nat to have a place that she could play quietly besides the bouncer. She loves the different music and sounds from the exersaucer. I love that it is a toy that she can grow with. She isn't quite convinced that she can't bounce in it, so that's been a little challenge, but overall it's a great stationary place to put her.
5. Baby food pouches & spoon tops. I had the spoon tops in the kitchen cabinet for awhile and I have been waiting for the right time to buy the food pouch. Derby weekend Natalie tried to peas with mint and she loved it! (I wanted her to enjoy some form of mint since I wasn't about to share my julep with her.) She does such a great job eating off the spoon. The pouch is easy and convenient and the spoon locks right on it. It's great for on the go. The only downside in my opinion is that the Plum brand is only good for 24 hours where the Gerber baby food in a jar is good for 48 hours after being opened. I don't have experience with the other food pouch brands, but I would imagine it's a similar time-frame.