We got the hoses and a new outside vent for the dryer. Turns out, our dryer vent was COMPLETELY blocked. The vent was sealed shut. No wonder our clothes weren't drying. It looked like Brandon had pulled a small furry friend out of the vent and he said it was still pretty clogged. We replaced the vent and for good measure replaced the hose that goes from the back of the dryer to the outside. The loads of laundry that once took three hours to dry, not took less than 45 minutes. Hell yes. Downside: our dryer is more powerful than the circuit breaker wants it to be and every now and then we have to go downstairs and reset the circuit breaker. A small price to pay for dry clothes if you ask me.
Since I was right, Brandon upheld his end of the bargain. On Sunday morning we went back to Lowe's and picked up the new fan. This project, while a little bit time consuming, was far easier than Brandon thought it would be. We got the old fan down in no time and it only took us a little over an hour to get the new one into place.
|The Old Fan|
|The New Fan|